Tuesday 15 December 2009

Hey, movgrab people!

So, I posted movgrab to www.freshmeat.net on Sunday. Since then, I've not heard anything, but through my advanced psychic superpowers I happen to know that visits to my new technical blog have jumped dramatically. The only explanation for this, I believe, is that people are downloading movgrab, and seeing the mention of my blogs on the help-page (or the website they download it from).

So, if you're coming here having used movgrab, leave a comment. Did it compile on your system? Does it work as advertised? Will it change your life? Did using it open a portal to the dungeon dimensions (if it did, and you're thinking of suing, you're out of luck, I included a disclaimer covering exactly this eventuality).

Come on people, I needs to know!


2 comments:

  1. Hi.

    Attempt to build movgrab 1.0.2 on ubuntu karmic. uname -a returns:

    Linux faustina 2.6.31-16-generic-pae #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 05:20:21 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

    ./configure returns:
    ...
    ************* RESULTS **************
    Secure Sockets Support: no
    Cryptography Support: no
    Zlib compression Support: no
    Esound Support: no
    *************************************

    creating ./config.status
    creating Makefile

    ********** Movgrab Settings *********
    NO SSL LIBRARY FOUND: https connections will not work

    Hm... Thats strange. I have libssl and zlib installed. Perhaps I'm doing things wrong.

    Anyway, make returns a bunch of warnings, but no errors.

    /bin/install -c movgrab /usr/local/bin
    make: /bin/install: Command not found
    make: *** [install] Error 127


    So, alas! No movgrab.

    What should I do to get it working?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... so much for autoconf.

    If anyone else has the same problem, you'll find that movgrab is in the build directory, and you just have to manually copy it to /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin or whereever.

    ReplyDelete